Robust and realistically priced multi-level speech output devices from AMDi
Easy to use and with high quality speech output, these multi-level speech output devices are manufactured to high standards: state-of-the-art but tolerant of rough use.
The Tech/Series Communicators are self-contained augmentative communication devices, which permit the user to record and playback each real voice messages in length of 2.25 to 8 seconds standard (4.5 to 9.0 seconds for extended models). All of the Tech Series devices are specifically designed to be simple to program and operate. No complicated commands and programming procedures. Additionally, each unit is manufactured to the highest quality standards.
Ideal for including students in classroom activities and as an introduction to augmentative communication. Insert overlays to represent messages – Mayer Johnson PCS symbols overlays are included to get you started.
- Record and playback high-quality messages
- Operates on 4 AA alkaline batteries
- Light touch membrane switch pad(s)
- Adjustable on/off volume control
- External switch-hookup jack(s) for activating electronics toys, appliances and other devices
- Durable impact-resistant plastic. Case is shatterproof
- Water resistant. Easy to clean
- Lightweight and portable
- Overlays can be easily changed by sliding in a new grid
- Each Tech/Series device includes Tech/Overlay Designer software to easily create and print interchangeable overlays.
Notes on Overlays
These books and overlays featured below contain overlays which will fit the designed Tech/Series devices.
- Communication Displays for Engineered Adolescent Environments on CD (Tech/Talk, Tech/Speak)
- Hands-On Reading: Classroom Classics (Tech/Talk)
- Quick and Easy: Ideas for Using Classroom Materials to Teach Academics to Nonverbal Children and More! (Tech/Talk and Tech/Speak)
- Toddler Talk at School (Tech/Talk)
- Units (Tech/Speak)